The Time Is Now to ride for the community!
ShanghaiPRIDE would like to announce that registration for the Rainbow Bike Ride is now open!
To commemorate International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia (IDAHOT), and as a pre-Pride event, this year’s Rainbow Bike Ride will be held on Saturday morning, 20-May. Six teams of cyclists will represent the six colours of the Rainbow Flag, starting out from every corner of Shanghai to meet at Xuhui Binjiang Green Space for a picnic. Riding time varies from 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the route. We will equip each team of cyclists with rainbow elements and be there to record the moment all six teams get together to form the Six Coloured Rainbow.
Starting Point and Cycling Duration for the Six Teams
1. Red Team (Xintiandi) 40mins Enjoy the view of Tianzifang.
2. Orange Team (Sunny Days City) 45mins Enjoy the view of Longhua Temple.
3. Yellow Team (Jing’an Temple) 35mins Enjoy the view of Shanghai Library.
4. Green Team (Lujiazui) 75mins (including ferry) Enjoy the view of the Bund and Lujiazui from both boat and bike.
5. Blue Team (Zhongshan Park) 45mins Enjoy the view of Shanghai Jiaotong University.
6. Purple Team (Power Station of Art) 30mins Enjoy the view of former Expo venues.
Unlike rainbow bike rides in previous years, this year’s event will be held in the warm sunlight of late spring. A casual picnic will be held at the ending point of Xuhui Binjiang Green Space. Bike ride participants are welcome to attend, snacks and drinks will be served.
Registration is limited, so please sign up early. The registration fee includes a T-shirt, a goody bag, snacks and drinks. Proceeds from the Rainbow Bike Ride will go to ShanghaiPRIDE 2017 LGBTQ Groups Open Day & Forum.
Rainbow Bike Ride
Time: 20-May-2017 — Starting at 9:30am
Destination: Xuhui Binjiang Green Space
Donation: 100RMB (suggested minimum donation)
Registration Deadline: 13-May-2017 10:00pm
Press the QR code to RSVP
~ The Time is Now为社群骑行助力！～